Jump to the main content block

Announcement of the latest epidemic prevention(110.1.25)

(The measures will be updated and follow the government policy. Recent update: January 25, 2021)

Q1: Under what conditions should a faculty member, staff, or student report to the Division of Health Service? And how to report?


If you are informed that you need to be home quarantined for 14 days, you should stay at home or designated location and not go out. The scope of activities should be to stay in the room and avoid contact with others. After the quarantine period expires, you should take the seven-day self-health management, and twice-daily health checks and report the body temperature. Please note as follows:
1. After the 14-day home quarantine period terminates, you are required to do self-health management for another 7 days and twice-daily health checks and report the body temperature in the morning and evening, and health status should be reported on line. The report information is as follows:
   (1) During a total of 21 days of home quarantine and self-health management, you must be reported to the NTHU Division of Health Service Survey on Epidemics: http://0rz.tw/kZFPt
   (2) You are also required to report your physical status through Line: https://lin.ee/oY1L00W. before 12 A.M. during the 14-day home quarantine period (weekends included).
2. If you have a fever (axillary temperature is above 37.5°C), or any symptoms such as respiratory tract discomfort, smell or taste loss, or unexplained diarrhea, please report to the Division of Health Service immediately: 03-5743000 (Office Hour: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM) or Student Assistance Division 03-5711814 (24 hours). 

Q2. Is the exchange program with Universities of China, Hong Kong, and Macau suspended?
A2: The exchange program from China to NTHU is suspended. The applicants retain their rights and postpone to NTHU in the Fall 2021 semester. Most NTHU students who plan to exchange with universities in China in the Spring semester have decided to suspend the exchange.

Q3. Will the Meichu Game still be held as planned?
A3: The 2021 Meichu Game is still under preparation and currently held as planned.

Q4. Could NTHU student club activities still be held?
A4: According to the announcement from Hsinchu City Government on Jan 25, 2021,  the winter camps and all the activities during winter vacation are canceled until February 21, 2021.

Q5. If a student or faculty member is required by the Central Epidemic Situation Command Center to undergo home quarantine or self-health management , do they need to take leave? What type of leave can they apply for? Will their grades or salary be deducted?
A5. Those who are under quarantine or conduct self-health management based on the “NTHU Division of Health Service Survey on Epidemics” after the school begins may apply the following scheme.
   (1) Students
      A. Students who are in quarantine or self- health management during the add-or-drop courses period should refer to NTHU Study at Ease Project for COVID-19 Prevention  instructions (Category 1 -Course Registration)
      B. Students should write an email to the instructor for coronavirus-related leave.   Division of Curriculum will notify the instructors of the student attendance situations and explain that the leave will not be included in the absence record.
      C. For the students who are unable to attend courses or examinations due to COVID-19 prevention, their instructors can take flexible measures to evaluate their achievement according to the nature and content of each subject, such as make-up examinations,. The make-up examination will be regarded as a formal examination. Please check “NTHU Study at Ease Project for COVID-19 Prevention” for more information.
   (2) Faculty
      A. The colleagues of this school are required by the Central Epidemic Command Center to conduct home isolation, home quarantine, centralized quarantine (self-isolation), or self-quarantine (self-isolation) to take care of family members. Please apply for quarantine leave. 
      B. During the self-management period, faculty should apply for self-management sick leave (not be cumulative throughout the whole school year), and should also apply for work from home (WFM) measures; If you are unable to work from home for non-business reasons, you must take your own leave (ie vacation, personal leave, sick leave, overtime compensatory leave, etc.), but for official business,the days of self-management sick leave will not be counted as days of sick leave throughout the whole school year. 
      C. From March 19th, 2021, those who go abroad for non-business purposes will not be compensated, but not including those dispatched abroad for public service, contact with confirmed cases inside Taiwan, taking care of home-isolation individuals or home quarantined individuals.
      D. Regulations for self-management sick leave during the epidemic prevention period, please refer to the school's "faculty and staff during the epidemic prevention period for severe and special infectious pneumonia." http://person.site.nthu.edu.tw/p/406-1066-173650.php?Lang=zh-tw

Q6. If a student cannot return to school on time due to the epidemic, does the school provide flexible study programs? Or are there online courses available?
A6: According to the announcement of the Central Epidemic Command Center, for the second semester of 109 school year, new students and returning students who are restricted or suspended from entering Taiwan, with adequate reasoning (For those unable to enter the country due to government policy and border control, an entering permit application and certificate is required.) The school is allowing flexible study programs and students must contact their instructors to discuss issues such as online learning course and self-learning options.
For details, please refer to our school ``Flexible Study Mechanism for Students Who Cannot Return to School in Response to the Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Epidemic Prevention'': http://2019-ncov.site.nthu.edu.tw/var/file/499/1499/img/4100/134764334.pdf

Q7. The department has insufficient anti-epidemic supplies, such as non-contact thermometers, disinfectant alcohol, or emergency masks. Which office can I request for support from?
A7. It is not easy to obtain various anti-epidemic materials. The General Affairs Office will continue to purchase related materials and give priority to providing public areas on campus to strengthen epidemic prevention work and areas for official emergencies. All units should first take inventory from existing materials and try to stock-up on all related materials. Please use them properly. Register and collect replenishment of disinfection alcohol at the entrance and exit of the premises and chlorine for the sewage storage tank (septic tank) at the Environmental Safety Center. As for large events for medical and nursing support applications, please contact the health protection group hotline (03)-574-3000.

Q8: Will Graduate School Entrance Exam of University System of Taiwan (UST) and in National Tsing Hua Univesity (NTHU) be held as planned? What are the epidemic prevention measures?
A8: The Graduate School Entrance Exam of UST on February 2, 2021, and Graduate School Entrance Exam in our school on February 4 and 5, 2021, will be held as planned.
However, in response to the pandemic, the two exams will not allow escorts to enter the exam halls. Candidates and faculty (or staff) members should enter the buildings through specific gates open for entrance with their exam passports or faculty (or staff) ID cards presented, use hand sanitizers to disinfect their hands, have body temperature taken (once in the morning and once in the afternoon), and wear masks throughout.
If candidates have a fever, they will be transported to the epidemic prevention classroom for the exam by special vehicles. For related prevention measures, please refer to the announcement on the CAS website (http://admission.nthu.edu.tw/p/406-1207-196865,r323.php?Lang=zh-tw).

Click Num: