Guidelines for epidemic prevention on campus in accordance to the lowering of the epidemic alert to Level 2(110.7.26)
1. Conduct persistent self-health monitoring.
2. Entrance control to on-campus buildings still effective. Temperature-measured stickers are available for on-campus facilities and institutes from the Environments and Safety and Health Center upon request.
3. Access control of entrance and exit of each campus：
The access control to the university entrance mainly implements real-name registration (footprint control) and body temperature measurement (including any temporary visitor). Personnel must wear masks all the way on the campus. The university campus is open to the general public from 7 am to 6 pm every day.
(1) Main campus：
① North Gate, West Gate, and South Gate: outsider personnel can enter the school under the real-name registration and their body temperature should be measured normal.
② East gate and The new faculty dormitory aisle: Open from 0700-0900, 1630-1800 from Monday to Friday, and closed at the rest of the time. Outsider personnel can enter the campus under the real-name registration and their body temperature should be measured normal.
③The parking tower and the old south gate motorcycles parking area remain closed. Pedestrian and motorcycles should enter the campus through the north and south gates.
(2) Nanda Campus：
All entrances are closed except for the main entrance. The main entrance implements real-name registration and body temperature measurement for any temporary visitor.
4. Campus restaurant：
(1) Following the anti-epidemic regulations issued by the Ministry of Health Services, the health management of catering personnel and the management of customers' meals shall be implemented.
(2) Meals are strongly suggested through “order to go” service. (Website for the online ordering system：http://ddfm.site.nthu.edu.tw/p/405-1494-204334,c82.php?Lang=zh-tw)。
(3) Real-name registration is required for all customers. Customers who have a fever or upper respiratory tract symptoms are prohibited from entering, Customers should wear a mask except for eating and drinking.
(4) Monitor body temperature at the entrance, spray alcohol, provide dry hand soap or hand washing equipment.
(5) The number of people in the dining area should be less , and the distance between customers should be more than 1.5 meters. Unless the pandemic restrictions are eased, restaurants should arrange checkerboard seating for diners and partitions should be installed.
5. Loan of venue:
Entity activities and meetings must be in accordance with the regulations of the Central Epidemic Command Center.
6. Guest house 1 and Guest house Ching 10F：
(1) For the use of Guest house 1 and Guest house Ching 10F, online booking is open.
(2) Lunch boxes are prohibited , and on-site dining is also not allowed.
7. The No. 83 urban bus resumes regular boarding and disembarking of passengers inside the NTHU campus. (Passengers are still required to wear masks and prevented from eating and drinking, also they must enter in the campus through the real-name registration process.)
8. There is no more restrictions for the experimental location, simultaneously more than 5 people can work at the work place but the real-name registration and maintaining a minimum 1.5 meters social distance are required for personnel in the laboratory. The experimental laboratories of each building should cooperate with the campus's autonomous health monitoring facilities to conduct personnel control at the entrance of the building. Laboratory PIs are asked to properly plan the management of laboratory personnel.
9. All departments in NTHU campus should continue to clean up the campus environment and maintain ventilation in classrooms and learning areas.
10. Replenishment of disinfection alcohol at the entrance of the building and throwing Trichloroisocyanuric acid in the domestic sewage storage tank (septic tank). The Trichloroisocyanuric acid can be registered and collected from the Environments and Safety and Health center.
(1) Real-name registration system, dorm ID access control, visitor regulations are still the same. All students must wear masks after leaving the bedroom, all the time, and must maintain social distancing (indoor 1.5m, outdoor 1m).
(2) The common room, studying room, public kitchen, and any other public areas are opened for access. However, students are required to follow the rule of social distancing (indoor 1.5m) and wear mask.
(3) The outdoor activity more than 10 people are opened. Please keep the social distancing. Any activity must follow the dorm rule and keep quiet in dormitory areas.
(4) If you have a fever, respiratory symptoms, diarrhea, abnormal smell, and taste, or any other suspected symptoms, please notify the Division of Health Service and follow their instructions.
(5) If there is any violation of dormitory epidemic prevention regulations, please assist in enforcing the regulation for your safety and notify the Division of Student Assistance staff or take photos to provide evidence and ask relevant divisions to impose penalties.
12. Sports Facilities：
① Wear a mask all the time and maintain social distance (1.5 meters indoors, 1 meter outdoors).
② The maximum number of people : 50 for indoors and 100 for outdoors.
③ Please cooperate by scanning QR-code before entering any sports facilities to implement the joint system policy. Indoor stadiums should adopt a single entrance and exit as well as temperature measurement.
④ Everyone should use their personal sports equipment, borrowing others equipment is not allowed.
⑤ For outsiders, the facilities are open only from 07:00 to 18:00.
⑥ Please do follow the relevant measures for epidemic prevention. The authority will conduct regular inspections. If you cannot comply, the relevant sports facilities will be closed or asked to leave.
⑦ Opening hours for the facilities can be found: http://nthupeo.site.nthu.edu.tw/p/412-1265-14409.php
(2) Indoor Sports Facilities:
① Weight training room: The maximum number of people in the training room is 50 people, and the number of people will be controlled by one out and one in. The equipment is open at intervals.
② For the second floor of the gymnasium, Table tennis arena, Alumni gymnasium(badminton court),and Tennis court, the maximum number of people open to use:50.
③ Swimming pool: closed (members will extend the period of use).
(3) Outdoor Sports Facilities：
The maximum number of people allowed:100.
(4) The indoor gymnasium on the Nanda campus is open for access from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00 (only for faculty, staff ,and students); closed on Saturdays and Sundays; the outdoor stadium is open for faculty, staff, and students from Monday to Sunday from 08:00 to 17:00.
(1) Starting from July 27th, the Library opens to NTHU faculty, staff and students with wearing masks all the time in the library.
(2) Opening hours: 8:00-17:00, Monday- Friday. Closed on weekends.
(3) Moonlight Study Area, Group Viewing Rooms, and Prayer Room keep closed.
(4)For Library Services Adjustment, please refer to the Library Epidemic Prevention Page：https://www.lib.nthu.edu.tw/news/2019nCov.html
14. Summer Courses:
According to the announcement on June 9th, 2021, all courses (including the summer courses) should be conducted via remote instruction until August 27th. The final exams of the summer semester that had planned to use a physical mode (particularly for those are written in the syllabus) should follow the regulations of the Ministry of Education and the epidemic prevention measures of the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC). General prevention measures are listed below.
(1) Social distancing should be maintained: Use fixed and checkerboard seating style in the classroom (the distance of at least 1.5 meters per person is required for indoors, and a distance of 1 meter per person is required for outdoors).
(2) Contact information registration via QR code should be implemented rigorously.
(3) Masks must be worn at all times.
(4) Body temperature must be measured.
Since the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that it will lower the epidemic alert to Level two, student clubs are allowed to hold activities from July 27,2021 by following the epidemic prevention rules of the CECC. For more information, please visit the website of the Division of Student Activities：http://dsa.site.nthu.edu.tw/p/406-1266-173496,r6887.php?Lang=zh-tw。
16. CECC to lower epidemic alert level to Level 2 from July 27 to August 9, NTHU will adjust office measures as follows：
(1) Maintain half of the employees in each college/office work from home(WFH) during the pandemic.
(2) Each department could evaluate whether to maintain work off-site or return to the original office.
(3) Home office application and Notice
① CECC have announced that kindergartens, daycare centers, and cram schools reopen after 7/27, WFH application had to be reconsidered.
② If the reason for WFH does not exist, the application should be cancelled.
(4) Flexible working hours will be maintained until August 9.
(5) Workers with children under 12 could apply "unpaid disease prevention childcare leaves" from July 27 to August 9
(6) The instruction after August 10 will have rolling correction with the guidance from the CECC .